In this episode of Value Investing FM, Adrián and Paco will talk about short selling (investing short) and leverage. For this, we are pleased to have the help ofIban Reus (@LowRiskValue), a private investor who has already visited the podcast for the second time.
We will talk:
- The evolution of Iban's portfolio since his last visit to the podcast
- The stocks you currently have in your portfolio: Burford Capital, Facebook, RockRose Energy and The Gym Group
- The best alternatives for shorting a stock
- The advantages and disadvantages of short selling
- The different ways to leverage
- The best times to do it
Tabla de contenido
- 1 Listen to the program: Short Selling and Leverage with Iban Reus
- 2 general inquiries
- 3 Short Selling (invest short)
- 4 Leverage
- 5 Recommended links
Listen to the program: Short Selling and Leverage with Iban Reus
In Apple Podcasts
Finally, as always, we would appreciate very much if you share the episode on social networks and give us your 5 stars on iTunes and your like on iVoox, Spotify and YouTube, as you will help us to keep this podcast existing and growing .
How has everything been since October?
How is the portfolio going?
Short Selling (invest short)
What is short selling or short sale?
How to get short of a stock?
- Stock loan
- Call sales
- Purchase of puts
Advantages of short selling
- Way to invest when everything is expensive
Disadvantages of trading short
- You have to get the timing right ⇒ Catalysts
- Short squeeze
- It's psychologically complicated
What is leverage?
How to leverage when investing in the stock market?
- Using the margin given by the broker
- Purchase of calls
- Sale of puts
Advantages of financial leverage
- More profitability (if it goes well)
Disadvantages of leveraging
- You can lose everything being right
- It is very complicated psychologically