In this episode of Value Investing FM, Adrián and Paco are pleased to once again have Luis Torras, an analyst at Panda Agriculture & Water Fund, Koala Capital and Japan Deep Value, to talk about investing in China.
He will tell us about:
- His beginnings in the world of finance and investment
- Its investors and reference financiers, such as Ray Dalio, Lorenzo de Médici, Paul Warburg, Sigmund Warburg, Jose Xifré, Michael Burry, Marc Garrigasait, Eusebio Díaz Morera or Jordi Viladot
- His investment style, looking for companies with solid balance sheets and high generation of cash on the invested capital
- How to understand china from a western point of view
- How the history of China influences your way of being
- Where is the Chinese economy and where is it going?
- The weaknesses of the Chinese economy
- The strategy of Pablo Isla and Inditex in China
- What to look for to invest in China
- His recommended books to understand China
Tabla de contenido
- 1 Listen to the program: Investing in China with Luis Torras
- 2 Presentation by Luis Torras
- 3 Books recommended by Luis Torras about China
- 4 Serie: China beetween triumph and turmoil
- 5 Recommended links
Listen to the program: Investing in China with Luis Torras
In Apple Podcasts
- Hear "Invest in China with Luis Torras”In Apple Podcasts
- Hear "Invest in China with Luis Torras”On iVoox
- Hear "Invest in China with Luis Torras”And Spotify
Finally, as always, we would appreciate it very much if you share the episode on social networks and give us your 5 stars on Apple Podcasts and your like on iVoox, Spotify and YouTube, as you will help us to keep this podcast in existence and continue growing.
Presentation by Luis Torras
Luis Torras (Barcelona, 1984) has a degree and a master's degree in Business Administration and Management from ESADE (Barcelona) y master por la School of Economics and Management en la Universidad de Tsinghua (Beijing).
Work financial analyst in investment funds Panda Agriculture Water Fund y Japan Deep Value and in the SICAV Koala Capital of the manager GESIURIS.
Prior to Gesiuris, Luis worked as a consultant in Bluecap, a strategic consultant specializing in the banking sector, in the investment banking firm Atlas Capital Close Brothers (today DC Advisory Partners) and in Roland Berger Strategy Consultants.
Luis is the author of the book The awakening of China (Madrid: IEE, 2013), and writes occasionally on books, economics and finance in Actualidad Económica or the World Economic Forum.
He is also a member of the Editorial Board of the Observatory of Financial Disclosure, and advisor to the Institut d'Estudis Financers.
Books recommended by Luis Torras about China
- The awakening of China, by Luis Torras
- Sombas Chinescas, by Simon Leys
- Books by Frank Dikötter
- The Chinese Economy, de Barry Naughton
- Economic Reform in China: Problems and Prospects, de James Dorn
- The Logic of the Market: An Insider’s View of Chinese Economic Reform, de Weiying Zhang
- China, by Henry Kissinger
- The Dragon Throne: China’s Emperors from the Qin to the Manchu, de Jonathan Fenby
Serie: China beetween triumph and turmoil