In this new episode of Value Investing FM, Adrián and Paco have the pleasure of interviewing Pedro Bermejo and Pedro Rey Biel, who will help us better understand behavioral economics, a growing discipline that studies how human beings behave in practice. when making decisions related to the allocation of economic and financial resources.
In the program we will talk about:
- What is behavioral economics and what does it contribute to economics?
- The origin of your interest in this discipline
- How behavioral economics has evolved over time
- How to improve the study of economics in academic settings
- How neuroscience can help us better understand the decisions that have to do with our money
- What areas of the brain are involved when we make an investment decision and how they do it
- What can we do to avoid the herd effect and other cognitive biases
- The future of behavioral economics and neuroscience
Listen to the program: Behavioral Economics with Pedro Bermejo and Pedro Rey Biel
- What matters is why”
- Neurologist, doctor of neuroscience.
- He works as a neurologist at the Puerta de Hierro, Fundación Instituto San José and Los Madroños hospitals
- Medical Director of Walden Medical NDT
- Manager of the Instituto Neurologico Integral Beremia
- Professor at the Center for Financial Studies
- Master in behavioral biology.
- President and founder Spanish Association of Neuroeconomics ASOCENE
- Author of hundreds of articles and books such as Neuroeconomics, I want your vote and The Investor's Brain
- What Matters Is Why, by Uri Gneezy and John List
- Money Traps, by Dan Ariely
Recommended Movies to Learn Behavioral Economics
- An amazing mind
- The engaged princess
- The Last Vote
- The Bridge of Spies